Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thing #22

Facebook. I joined Facebook about two years ago when our librarian, Elizabeth, was taking 23 Things. She thought the website was so much fun, and she wanted me to get on and explore it also. Since then I am an avid fan of Facebook. I have over 200 Facebook friends, and I have been able to connect with quite a few friends from high school and college. I am totally addicted and spend way too much time on Facebook everyday. During the summer I was on Facebook more than I was off. Most of the teachers at our school are on Facebook. We talk back and forth all evening.

I'm not sure there are any real educational aspects to Facebook. I don't think any of my current students have Facebook accounts. I don't let former students who are not out of high school friend me on Facebook. I don't think friending my students on Facebook would be appropriate.

I also have a MySpace account, but I never use it. I think Facebook is geared more toward older people. People who want to keep a certain amount of dignity to their social websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment