Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thing #19

Fieldtrip Voicethread I made a slideshow using voicethread. At first I thought the website was going to be difficult to use. It didn't have a warm, fuzzy look about it. When I got into it, the program wasn't difficult to use at all. I mentioned in an earlier post that I have had some experience with podcasting using Garageband. I thought voicethread was far and away simplier to use than Garageband. My students wouldn't have any trouble using voicethread except that they have to have and email address to access the site. I like that other people can access the slideshows from voicethread and work on them. Overall, I was very pleased with voicethread. I like to take pictures of my students working on different science projects or working with math manipulatives or working cooperatively as a group. I make slideshows with them and play them back for the students when we have a minute or two here and there. I think the slideshows remind the students of what they have learned or experiences in the class. I'm thinking I could sign in to the website and upload the pictures. Then my students could get on and type in or voice in the comments. They would love that!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, they would love that! And would probably more likely to participate than if you just ask them to write down their thoughts-- don't you think?

    ReplyDelete