Friday, November 6, 2009

Thing #20

Google Docs. Here is an example of how I would like to use Google Docs. This is a schedule another teacher and I made up for how to share a site license for SuccessMaker. Instead of tracking each other down around the campus and waiting for that one 45 block of time we're each available during the day, we could simply each access the document from Google Docs when we each had the time. I also think this would be fantastic for grade level notes home. One teacher could type the note. The others could edit and revise the note from their own classrooms. Our bilingual teacher would have it at her fingertips to translate for her students' parents. I spent some time playing around with the presentation feature in Google Docs. I like to make slide shows or Promethean flipcharts for different lessons in my class. Then I often share them with the other members of my team. They could pull the presentation off of Google Docs to use in their own classrooms or edit ad add to the slideshow. Wouldn't that just be awesome? I found Google Docs extremely easy to use and not just because I have used it before. I would hope the other members of my grade level would be willing to try and use the website. I really didn't see that there was anything difficult about it.

1 comment:

  1. MISD now has it's own Google Apps and all employees have an account. It's tied to your username and password that you use for other applications.

    ReplyDelete