Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thing #15

Delicious. Visit my delicious account.

I had heard about delicious in the past, but I had never used it myself until tonight. I didn't realize the wealth of information that could be accessed so easily through this site. Being a gardening enthusiast, I started searching for different types of plants I am interested in. I was able to find quite a few really good sites about some more rare flowers by using very little effort.

After playing around with flowers that interest me, I decided to search for some things that would be of more use to me in my job. Reader's theater is a favorite classroom literacy activity of mine. Most of the time, I take a book my class is reading and type up the script myself. I don't have to tell you how long this takes--hours! (I know I should before reader's theater, site after site came right up. I was able to bookmark these and save them for later. How many times have I spent hours and hours searching for something on the web, finally found it, and then promptly forgotten the website? Too many to tell! I can see that delicious is the answer to this weary teacher's endless sorting through google searching looking for that "great website I found a few weeks ago".

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on one for the libraries. Check it out. The username is misdlibrary.

    ReplyDelete