Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thing #17

Podcasting. I have used podcasting in my classroom for a couple of years now since I took a Pay for Knowledge class on podcasting through our district offerings. My students illustrated and voiced several reader's theater scripts from novels we were reading and read some of their favorite poems on podcasts. I have always had my students use illustrations instead of photographs on their podcasts. We uploaded them to PowerMedia in the past. Now we upload them to my teacher webpage. My next venture in podcasting will be to record videos of my students talking and working through some math strategies (rounding, double-by-double multiplication). These podcasts an be uploaded to the class website for parents to view at night when they're helping their students with their homework.

Besides the time involved in creating podcasts, the only problem I have with them is that so few of my students have computers and Internet access at home. The students and parents who could most benefit from these educational podcasts don't have the means to view them. Alas, nothing is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment