Friday, October 30, 2009

Thing #12

Landform Slideshow



Landform Comicstripa comic strip!

Ohhhhhh!!!!!!! I've used animoto before with pictures I've taken of my students doing various activities. I found that the quick little slideshows are a great way to fill a few extra minutes and review content at the same time. I found a website (I'll have to search for it again) that has songs about science concepts that I would play while the slideshows about our electricity or animal or whatever was playing. The kids would sing along and shout out what was going to happen in the experiments as the pictures went by. They really enjoyed the videos.

Aren't the slideshows and comic strips fun ways to teach or review content. Students are so entrenched in the technical age, that they are much more apt to watch a slideshow with constantly changing images rather than look with any depth at their textbooks.

1 comment:

  1. I bet your kids would love the pikistrips! Your computers may have "comic life" loaded on them for use too.

    ReplyDelete