Monday, October 26, 2009

Thing #10

One area in which I excel as a teacher (if I can pat my own back a moment) is that I am always stopping at the point where comprehension breaks down for my students and looking up images or videos on the internet to bridge that gap in my students' learning. I spend a good deal of time typing storyteller dolls, funnel, delta, or a variety of words into the internet to find a picture or video that will explain the concept in a much more meaningful way than I can from just my own description. Using Creative Commons seems to be just right up my alley. I am excited about the idea of having a ready source of materials to help my students learn about concepts which are not easy to understand from reading about them in a textbook or TAKS passage. Once I learn to better wade through the website, I definitely see myself using Creative Commons with my students and in my teaching.

1 comment: